The Law Enforcement Practice at Buchanan & Edwards is a trusted advisor to the Department of Justice whom we have proudly served for over a decade. We have a contract based in Crystal City, VA, where we provide system development and full-spectrum IT support services.
If you are interested in supporting a leading-edge, mission-critical program that helps keep America secure, then we're the company that will excite and challenge you.
As the Database Administrator, you will maintain the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties includes disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data for a DOJ mission critical system that is undergoing a reengineering effort.
Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs SQL Server Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes. Directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database. Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views. Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
Specific duties include:
· Engineer both hardware and software solutions using Microsoft systems and VMware virtualization environment.
· Monitor and update SQL Server 2012 databases.
· Tune and Monitor SQL 2012-16 servers
· Create new Virtual Machines using Windows 2012 Server.
· Design and install SQL Server Clustering servers.
· Create and modify both T-SQL and Microsoft Powershell scripts.
· Review and recommend changes needed to server settings for firewalls.
· Review and recommend changes for Group Policy Objects in Microsoft Active Directory.
· Manage customer Microsoft Azure environment to support our internal development team.
· Work directly with Enterprise teams that provide system services in support of project application.
· 5+ years of experience with computer infrastructure using VMware and Microsoft systems.
· Experience in building "Always On" High Availability SQL server clusters
· SQL Transparent Data Encryption
· Database and SQLtable encryption experience
· 3+ years of experience using and working with Microsoft SQL Server and clustering.
· Complete understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.