- Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Federal business development with at least 10 years of experience in all facets of Federal marketing and business development for IT services-focused business opportunities in the Department of State.
- Proven track record of winning new Federal contracts and acquiring new clients.
- Experience analyzing competitive market spaces and developing innovative win theme to enhance win probability on capture efforts.
- Technical knowledge or experience in IT services preferred.
- Experience as a team player and team builder, trustworthy, and willing to share information with team members.
- Excellent communication skills with good interpersonal skills, and an ability to inspire confidence and provide leadership for the various accounts.
- Demonstrated experience applying industry best practices to the evaluation of opportunities, capture of new business, and delivery of proposals in a prime contractor capacity
- A record of accomplishment of leading and growing a services-based business across the government sector is desirable.
- Proven track record of innovation with the ability to look ahead to identify and leverage internal and external trends to improve current and future operational methodologies.
- Comprehensive experience in developing and overseeing new programs with proven programmatic vision.
Demonstrated understanding of Federal government IT market and contracting processes and regulations
- Passion for BE’s mission and ability to promote and communicate the vision, mission, and values of the organization to BE’s external and internal stakeholders.
- A well-balanced combination of strategic and people management skills, along with the leadership traits and professional and personal characteristics necessary for success in senior management.
- Sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of an organization.
- An innovative and proactive problem-solving mentality toward challenges and risk.
- A well-developed concept of the business development process for complex systems solutions and implementation as well as a deep understanding of the technical, fiscal, and contractual trends within the industry.
- Readily accept full accountability for results and be willing to maintain sustained effort over periods of time to accomplish their professional and personal goals.
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity, honesty, teamwork, and public accountability to motivate the entire team by example.
- An established professional reputation for excellence in services rendered and absolute personal integrity must attend any candidacy for this position.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.