Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Come grow with us.
The MCRISS Help Desk Manager plays a significant role as a member of our team on this critical Marine Corps project which supports over 4,000 USMC recruiters and supporting staff members. The Help Desk Manager manages our Tier II Business Analysts and also our Tier III Database Administrator. This small but dynamic team responds to issues within MCRISS which are reported by the USMC Recruiting community. This Tier II and Tier III Help Desk is on the leading edge of helping solve reported issues within the system that recruiters utilize to accomplish their mission. Our manager of this critical service-focused team plays a significant role by controlling, tracking, and reporting the status of trouble tickets as they move through the workflow towards resolution.
• Responsible for serving within B&E’s MCRISS Team as a manager of our Tier II and Tier III Help Desk.
• Manages the day-to-day operations within our Help Desk team and actively participates in assisting with trouble ticket recording, reporting, and resolution.
• Serves as a key manager on our Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) team and works directly with the PDSS Task Order Manager and MCRISS Project Manager.
• Creates, updates, and manages the schedule of Help Desk personnel.
• Utilizes Remedy to track, update, and report the status of Tier II and Tier III MCRISS trouble tickets.
• Actively participates in client and stakeholder meetings where the status of trouble tickets is reported and discussed within the Integrated Product Team environment.
• Works directly with the Stakeholders (USMC Recruiting Staff) to prioritize reported incidents and prepares and executes a plan to resolve incidents based on reported priorities.
• Assists the PDSS Task Order Manager with related reports and documents which outline the status of the trouble ticket que, the status of work being conducted, and any issues or trends which may be occurring.
• Works with other PDSS Team Members, such as our Business Analysts and Database Administrators, to review trouble tickets which may require deeper analysis or a change to the fielded system, typically resolved by our Software Developers through a change to the code or business processes within MCRISS.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.