In this Senior PeopleSoft Developer role you will create software applications to support PeopleSoft O&M and Development, as well as, Modernization and Enhancement efforts for our client Department of State's mission-critical HR Bureau Personnel Management System. This includes all phases of Software Development from analysis through deployment. You will serve as a senior resource for all aspects of PeopleSoft technical activities. The ability to communicate with diverse audiences is critical.
You will be part of a team, collaborating with PeopleSoft Technical and Functional resources, to meet client needs. Your designs will support internal business requirements or external customers, ultimately serving a base of 32K customers.
The ability to design and architect a software component, and write technical documentation, to include specifications are critical success factors for this role. The ideal candidate will be able to document and unit test all changes, and will possess knowledge of Configuration Management practices, packaging, and migration of PeopleSoft projects across various environments.
This is a fast-paced environment in which technical expertise is valued.
Leads design sessions, prototypes, demonstrations etc, with the technical team and stakeholders to establish requirements and technical design
· Stays abreast of modifications to the Customer’s PeopleSoft application through participation in user requirements, software change control reviews, design adaptations/customizations reviews, Independent Validation and Verification System (IV&V) testing, other IPMS user/management related forums, and documenting the outcomes as required
· Support PeopleSoft O&M and DME efforts for the DOS HR Bureau Personnel Management System. Includes all phases of Software development from analysis through deployment.
· Assists in the installation of PeopleSoft software, patched and configuration changes
· Validates Technical capabilities and requirements prior to the final release phase for application fixes and enhancements.
· Supports all technical aspects of PeopleSoft Federal HRMS 9.1
· Tests Peoplesoft Code
· Works with functional team members to create Test Plans/Cases and the Documentation of Test Results
2+ years of prior technical Federal Government HR People Soft experience
5+ years’ of Peoplesoft Development 9.1 or earlier versions HRMS and Federal experience with experience in at least two of the following:
o Core HR Federal Product using Position Management
o Job Profile Management
o Base Benefits
o Payroll Interface
o Self-Service Functionality
o Talent Acquisition Management
· 5+ years’ experience with PeopleTools 8.X or Higher
· 5+ years’ experience with Oracle 11g or Higher
· 5+ yers’ of prior experience with evaluation, development, and unit testing of reapplied custom code (PeopleSoft and external objects).
· Must able to document and unit test all changes. Knowledge of Configuration Management practices, packaging, and migration of PeopleSoft projects across various environments is required. The candidate must be able to work closely with the functional resources to map functional design to technical design
· Team Player with good communication skills